[Linux-aus] Vista v. Linux Movie

Harry Woodward-Clarke harry at woodward-clarke.com
Wed Feb 7 05:58:02 UTC 2007

Hullo,

>On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 20:25 +1000, David Powell (Moondrake) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know we have to avoid yet more amatuerish efforts in this regard,
> but... last year a couple of TAFE animation students developed a
> story-board/concept for an advertisement for the organisation I work for
<snip>
> They quoted roughly $1k for their work.
>
> Now that I think about it... perhaps the way to go is to turn this into
> an annual competition for young designers.  The winning entry gets a
> $1000 or so to turn their storyboard/concept into  something LA can use
> wherever and a kickstart to their career amongst an industry that might
> end up employing them in some capacity.
>
> As far as promotion of a comp like that goes, as part of my day-job I've
> got avenues into thousands of youth organisations around the country, so
> getting the word around wouldn't be a problem.
>
> Just a thought.

As a PT TAFE Teacher, I think this is a *terrific* idea. Although I
don't teach MultiMedia, I know the MM teachers at two Colleges, and I am
sure they are always looking for assignments for their Diploma Students.
Something like this every year could be a God-send for them. Each year
"the same" and yet "different".

I will try and talk to some today.

.h

--