[Linux-aus] Open Source for Seniors

Andrew Swinn andrew at swinndesign.com
Sat Feb 3 15:43:02 UTC 2007

I have been contacted by the Clubs Development Officer of the Australian
Seniors Computer Clubs Association in regards to the possibility of setting
up some sort of presence at a soon to be held expo. The ASCCA are an
association providing support to many computing clubs throughout Australia.
They hold an expo every year as part of Seniors Week and this year they are
holding it in Dubbo.

So being in Dubbo I have been asked if I could setup something about Linux and
Open Source Software and perhaps provide a 30 min seminar on the topic.
Seniors Week is in the middle of March so I don't have that long to organise
things, but first stop is this mailing list to ask for suggestions.

Being that this is senior focused there is really no room for tech talk so I
am wondering what else is there? I am looking for suggestions for the best
approach to this sort of thing. What topics to discuss, how to discuss them
etc.

Any suggestions are more than welcome, and if anyone would like to get
involved then be sure to let me know.

Regards,

Andrew Swinn