[Linux-aus] Linux Kernel Devs Offer Free Driver Development

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Thu Feb 1 06:43:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 15:29 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Phil Hill">
>
> > It is most uplifting to see something positive with relation to Linux
> > Driver Development.
>
> Greg was making a very bold and brash "new" announcement about something
> that has been going on for about 15 years now. It's more of a pointed and
> humorous hack on should-know-better device manufacturers than something
> genuinely new and important. :-)

It may not be new, but it's something worth trumpeting, because most
non-geeks are probably unaware.

I've been aware of people writing their own device drivers for years -
but overt statements like this are important, should be repeated, and
efforts made to spread the word.

Seems to me it's about the mind of the market, rather the fundamental
truths of the activity or offer.

--
donna benjamin - executive director
http://www.creativecontingencies.com/