[Linux-aus] AUUG to close? Will there be a rush of new members to Linux Australia?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Dec 21 01:01:22 UTC 2007

<quote who="Dave Davey">

> Let things evolve with LA's brand untarnished (except perhaps for some
> small print acknowledgement "incorporating AUUG") and see what happens.
> If there are many new members and they make an impact a new name may
> evolve. The name is not the starting point.

I think one of the problems with this discussion is that two independent
topics have been conflated. There's the whole issue of what to do about
AUUG, which is fundamentally up to the AUUG membership. Then there's the
issue about the Linux Australia name, which is an independent issue even
though some naming issues have been raised in the context of the AUUG
discussion.

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008