[Linux-aus] Seeking nomination

David Newall david at davidnewall.com
Thu Dec 20 15:30:39 UTC 2007

All,

I'd like to serve on the Linux Australia committee in 2008, principally
to steward an amalgamation with AUUG, but also to work in whatever other
capacity I'm needed.  I've already said how I think amalgamation should
be done, always assuming AUUG want to join the party, but to recap:

   1. Advocate amalgamation with AUUG and work in any required capacity
      to achieve their aproval.
   2. Solicit suggestions from members of both organisations for a new
      name, and then poll for the most popular.
   3. Poll the members of both organisations to decide whether Linux
      Australia's charter should be extended to include "unix" or "open
      systems."
   4. Liaise with the trustees of the John Lions Award to revive the
      programme.
   5. Revise the history of both organisation to produce a single,
      unified history.

I'm asking for members to nominate me.  (I'm also asking the committee
to approve my membership of Linux Australia, which is still pending.)

David