[Linux-aus] AUUG to close? Will there be a rush of new members to Linux Australia?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Dec 18 07:09:29 UTC 2007

<quote who="Donna Benjamin">

> What would renewed Australian Open Source Awards look like? What should
> they triumph and champion? What should the nomination and selection
> process entail?
>
> I believe Jeff Waugh is investigating the way forward for doing something
> along these lines. It would be great if we could put our collective energy
> into a such positive initiative.

I mentioned it in my blog many months ago, and have done a lot of work since
in order to make it happen, particularly with inspiration and help from the
New Zealanders. I had hoped its announcement could have been a nice surprise
delivery for the community (having discussed it with the OSIA and LA cttes),
thinking few would have remembered my comments about it. Oh well.

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

     "It is said that there are only six jokes in the world, and I can
    assure you that we can only broadcast three of them..." - John Watt,
                   the BBC's Head of Variety in the 30's