[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Committee Elections - Nominations Are Now Open

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Dec 14 09:52:40 UTC 2007

<quote who="James Purser">

> > Questions from members (quite distinct from a 'debate') are possibly
> > even more important when one or more committee members may be elected
> > unopposed.  It's also important just as a matter of transparency and
> > accountability.
>
> Agreed, which is why I said that I wanted more people to get involved in
> the process whether as potential candidates or asking questions.

They key though, for asking questions, is for someone to pull them together
and pose them to the candidates as one email, so they don't have to muck
around following and answering fifteen different threads. If the returning
officer wants this to happen, I'd be happy to do the legwork (best if there
is some oversight/collaboration with returning officer and some others).

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

    "The name Lego came from two Danish words 'leg godt', meaning 'play
     well'. It also means 'I put together' in Latin." - BBC News, 2005