[Linux-aus] AUUG to close? Will there be a rush of new members to Linux Australia?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Dec 12 03:42:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Don Knowles wrote:

> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 01:37:57 +1000
> From: Don Knowles <donakk at gmail.com>
> To: linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au
> Subject: [Linux-aus] AUUG to close? Will there be a rush of new members to
>     Linux Australia?
>
> LinuxWorld News Tuesday 11th December 2007 	LinuxWorld.com.au
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1087504984&eid=-50
>
> AUUG is dead, long live AUUG
>
> With more than 30 years of history behind it, AUUG, the organization for
> Unix, Linux and open source professionals, faces its toughest challenge to stay
> intact as members at the 2007 AGM decide its future this week. More...
>
> --
> Don Knowles
> Rockhampton, AUSTRALIA

Sounds to me, after reading the article, that AUUG should simply wind up
and transfer its membership and assets to Linux Australia, and/or the
LUGS throughout the country, as the closest similar organisations, but,
that is up to them, and, the meeting will probably be over now.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."