[Linux-aus] New Federal Govt's Education/PC plans

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Dec 5 06:30:54 UTC 2007

<quote who="Janet Hawtin">

> If the funding is used in a presctriptive manner then the funding chooses?
> If the funding uses a voucher model then perhaps parents are choosing?

There are two parts: One is a grant for parents to spend on anything related
to education, one is a grant to schools to buy computing equipment. Doesn't
seem like any of it is prescriptive.

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

      "And, most importantly, we now have modules named 'fontilus' and
        'themus' -- the two founders of GROME." - Jonathon Blandford