[Linux-aus] New Federal Govt's Education/PC plans

Brent Wallis brent.wallis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:50:14 UTC 2007

Hi,

Could I make a suggestion on the CD Distro?

Why not go one step better and deliver a freebie PC/ laptop to some
key individuals
with preloaded, perfectly tuned software that has everything being
touted as useful.

In my mind, the best way to win this would be to present a complete,
no stress solution..(not ethos/philisophical arguments)..and it would
start with them getting something that just turns on and
works....something that really wows some decision makers...
Flash wallpaper...I mean a team of experts should create a really wow
package to load up...! Flash wallpaper etc!

If cost is an issue, why not pool resource, negotiate with potential
hardware suppliers to get the equipment?
Even a small order would make it worth it for them.

Providing it wasn;t going to "Frank's friends in the EDU IT
departemnt"...I would glady put up for 5 LTs
to achieve this...

5 LT's, perfectly setup by the best in LA to 5 key evaluators would
really go a long way.

Rgds
BW