[Linux-aus] New Federal Govt's Education/PC plans

Paul Wayper paul.wayper at anu.edu.au
Mon Dec 3 06:02:25 UTC 2007

Marco Ostini wrote:
> How's this for practical; How would each LA member on this list feel about
> going to this site:
>
> 	http://theopendisc.com/
>
> Get the ISO and burn it onto a disc and send it, or better yet, deliver it
> in person to your local member. (Especially if their now in Government)

Right, so this is the next step in the evolution of the Open CD.

I've got a bunch of Open CDs (probably in excess of a hundred) already
printed up with nice cover art.  I don't have lovely fancy sleeves, but
I don't see that as a problem.  I'm also happy to spend some time
folding paper, stuffing these two into envelopes, addressing and posting
them.  I'd have to ask Linux Australia to pay for postage, being between
jobs at the moment.

What I'm less competent at is writing up a nice document outlining our
case.  This is not because I'm bad at using words but more because I'm a
(relative) newcomer to the Open Source position in Australia.  There
will be people who know the history of the FOSS community's dealings
with Government big and small and will be able to build on that.

Let me know where you want them sent and what letter should accompany
them and the disks will be on their way.

Have fun,

Paul