[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au 2008 - 57 days to go! Tickets 60% sold.

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sat Dec 1 01:28:45 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd send through an update on linux.conf.au 2008.
So far so good. Organisation is progressing pretty well.

If you're planning on coming, register soon. Don't leave it too late.
http://linux.conf.au/register

** Penguin Dinner - Wed 30 Jan **
The Penguin Dinner will be a bit different for 2008.

1. It's in the middle of the week, on Wednesday night.
2. Everyone who registers for the conference gets a ticket to go.
3. It will be really, really informal.

This is very much a 'come-as-you-are' affair it will be held in our own
designated area at Melbourne's Night Market.  Extra tickets can be
purchased for partners and friends when you register.
(And extra t-shirts too)

More info on the night market (and a little promo video) here:
http://www.qvm.com.au/night_market.php

** Accommodation **
The Melbourne Discovery Backpackers is almost crawling distance from the
market - so if you haven't sorted accommodation yet, that's a good
option - they also have space in the week before - which is the
Australian Open: Tennis nuts, rejoice. Everyone else - get your
accommodation sorted sooner rather than later if you plan to be in
Melbourne the week before the conference)

** Open Day - Sat 2 Feb **
Open Day was a huge hit in Sydney this year. We're doing it again, this
time on Saturday. We'll also be holding the Linux Australia AGM on
Saturday 2 Feb. http://linux.conf.au/openday - help spread the word, and
if you want a table for your project or community group - get in touch!
email openday at mel8ourne.org

** 208 seats left **
Our quota of early bird tickets sold out before the deadline, and
registrations have been strong. We've only got 600 seats in the keynote
venue. With 74 speakers, 18 mini-conf organisers, and 10 media passes
that leaves 498 seats for all of you - 290 of which have already been
paid for.

** Only paid registrations count **
Important note: People who have registered but haven't paid, are not
counted. Only payment secures a ticket.  So... get a wriggle on! :)

** Early birds ate all the worms **
This also applies to Early Birds - if you registered during the EB
period, but didn't pay during the EB period, someone else got your worm,
you'll now have to pay full price.

** Cancellation policy **
If you cancel before 30th November 2007, we will provide you a full
refund. Any cancellations in December 2007 will incur a 15% cancellation
fee. Unfortunately we can not provide refunds for cancellations in
January.

Don't miss out on linux.conf.au 2008 - Register (and Pay) ASAP! :)

cheers
- donna

--
http://linux.conf.au/

linux.conf.au     Donna Benjamin  +61 418 310 414
MEL8OURNE2008     Conference Director
28Jan - 02Feb     donna at mel8ourne.org

Thankyou to our sponsors
http://linux.conf.au/sponsors-media

Emperors: Hewlett Packard, IBM.
Kings: Google, Linux Foundation, Multimedia Victoria.
Royal: Catalyst.
Supporters: Oracle, Red Hat, Novell.
Fairy Penguins: Fossmart, Open Query

And our supporting partners: