[Linux-aus] Queries re bidding for LCA 2009

Russell Stuart russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au
Thu Aug 23 04:52:08 UTC 2007

I am organising Humbug's big for LCA 2009.  Most of the
work involving the bid was done months ago, but now Sept
26 approaches it is time get the last things on the
list crossed off.

One of those things is the Budget.  One sticking point
is sponsorship.  I have no idea how much sponsorship
money LCA typically attracts.  It seems like its a bit
of a taboo subject.  I gather LA understandably doesn't
want the details of individual sponsorship arrangements
made public.

Two ways around this come to mind:

a.  Put sponsorship down at $0.00.  Ie - ignore the
    problem.

b.  LA gives me a $/head of sponsorship attracted in
    each of previous years.

Do either of these work for LA?

A second sticking point is what should be in the Budget.
Frankly, we don't have a clue what we are doing in general.
This, I expect, is par for the course, but the proper title
for a budget produced in such ignorance is "Joke".  Things
that would help immensely are:

a.  Copies of budgets the accompanied previous bids.

b.  Financial statements of previous LCA's.

Are getting copies of these things possible?

--
Regards,
Russell Stuart