[Linux-aus] (no subject)

Mark Phillips mark.phillips at automatedtestsystems.com.au
Wed Aug 22 21:14:50 UTC 2007

So Brisbane,

Your proposal submitted for Linux.conf 2009 :-)

From

http://apcmag.com/7017/linus_torvalds_talks_future_of_linux_page_3

APC: You've been to Australia, and rumour has it that you were bitten
by a penguin. Is that true? How did you find Australia, how many times
have you been there, any favourite town or city? Was there any kind of
activity like bush-walking and things like that which you really took
to in Australia?

LT: I've been to Australia several times, these days mostly for
Linux.Conf.Au. But my first trip - and the one when I was bitten by a
ferocious fairy penguin: you really should keep those things locked up!
- was in 93 or so, talking about Linux for the Australian Unix Users
Group.

And I'd never go bush walking. Not that I mind the idea of poisonous
animals (or the drop-bears), but simply because I'm just not into that
whole outdoor thing. I tend to go to zoos, and I love walking around
the strange creatures you have down there, but let's face it - one of
the biggest draws is that it's warm and sunny there when it's nasty and
horrible in the northern hemisphere. I'm from Finland, so "warm and
sunny" means more to me than it may do to some other people.

One of these days I hope to find myself on the Great Barrier Reef and
do scuba diving (which I love), but for some reason I've always ended
up in other parts.