[Linux-aus] My submission on DIS 29500

Janet Hawtin lucychili at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 01:07:22 UTC 2007

It is possible to send your own responses in until 21 August.

I heard mention of a required format yesterday and have asked for
clarification of any requirements for written submissions.

It will be important for Australian organisations and people
interested in standards to write clearly from the perspective of their
own practices and purposes as well as relating to the public and
national interest. I have copied in Alistair who is the person to send
your written comments to.

Thankyou Glen for a comprehensive and systemic response.
This is useful because the scoping of the agenda suggested not questioning
the way that the process/proposal arrived and is structured.
This felt very much to me like a DMCA USFTA process in that way and so it is
wonderful to see someone writing from a whole of system perspective which
certainly seems to be the kind of thinking needed in my opinion.

I hope there are other people and organisations on list able to give
this due consideration
prior to August 21.

Janet