[Linux-aus] linux-aus Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1500?lists.linux.org.au )

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Apr 23 00:07:36 UTC 2007

<quote who="Sridhar Dhanapalan">

> I would recommend that we instead all pool our resources to fund a event
> that is recognised worldwide, but that would probably be an even bigger
> waste of money.

Software Freedom Day is extremely cheap, and iteratively effective. The big
problem with people waving like maniacs about mainstream advertising is that
they don't understand how to get where we want to go step-by-step. They want
to take enormous, ineffective leaps of faith. World domination takes *time*.

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

              Fierce Commerce. Fierce Freedom. Free Software.