[Linux-aus] Marketing Linux

linuxaus.1.tracyanne at spamgourmet.com linuxaus.1.tracyanne at spamgourmet.com
Tue Apr 17 09:13:42 UTC 2007

Hi I'm new to this list, Jon Oxer suggested that I post this message
here in the hope that I would reach as many LUGs as possible.

My Name is Tracyanne Barlow, I've been a fulltime Linux user for the
last 5 years I live in the Hervey Bay area.

I'm involved in a project that is attempting to raise funds to begin a
marketing campaign to market Linux to a wider audience. This project is
mainly the work of two men Ken Stark (who Blogs as Helios
http://blog.lobby4linux.com/) and and Bob Moore a Linux Admin and prime
mover of this project. They have engaged the services of Acceleration
Marketing ( http://www.accelerationmarketing.net/ ) a marketing company
that works with the US Motorsport industry. They have a car and a
driver, all they need now is the help of the Linux community to raise
$US350,000 to race an Indy car in this years Indy 500
( http://www.tux500.com/index.php )

If you would like to help, by making a donation, please go to the tux500
site. If there is anything else you would like to do please contact
Helios (Ken Stark) at lobby4linux.com.

Thanks to anyone who wishes to help.

Regards

TracyAnne