[Linux-aus] Interview with Mark Lloyd from ACS on compulsory accreditation

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Sat Sep 30 20:05:02 UTC 2006

Janet Hawtin wrote:

> Given that ACS folks obviously believe that accreditation is their
> chosen option, it might be a good time to think about whether processes
> with regard to representing the sector demonstrate the kind of
> commitment to public interest outside their own interests which would
> lead people to think that the 'trust me' badge had currency.

Janet

I dont think ACS has made that claim, it simply is asserting that
registration of technologists ought to happen.  In those 16 statements
nowhere does it say that ACS will be the body to manage registrations of
technologists, only that they would like to be part of the body that
does.  And let's remember that ACS hosted the TIPI forum but it was
comprised of government, corporates and ACS members so this is a
distillation of that Forum and not ACS per se.

Please look at the media release at
http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=notice&temID=noticedetails&notID=673

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS
Chairman ACS SA http://www.acs.org.au/

The ACS Computer Professional Educational Program impacts
on the Practising Computer Professional scheme. Visit
http://www.acs.org.au/cpprogram/cpp.htm to see how.

Mobile:+61(0) 412 662 988 || Skype: callto://baynsley
Phone:08 8357 8844  Fax:08 8272 7486 Nodephone:08 7127 0107
Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/