[Linux-aus] Linux Australia member services

Andrew Swinn andrew at swinndesign.com
Sat Sep 30 15:56:02 UTC 2006

Jonathan Oxer wrote:
> OK, that was the long version. The short version is that adding some
> paid services to LA's growing list of projects would kill two birds with
> one stone: benefit to the FOSS community *and* diversification of income
> to keep it all sustainable.
>
> I like it!
>
> Cheers   :-)

I'd pay for membership right now, wheres the form, where do I send the
money?

When I was first became involved with Linux (not that long ago), and I
came across LA, I initially started looking for how to become a
financial member. I was surprised at how the 'membership' was fee free.

If done correctly, having a fee paying membership structure would do
lots of great things. I view LA as something special and something that
I would pay money for (as people do for the LCA), and having a fee
structure would validate this in the community.

I would think there are quite a lot of us out there that would throw
some money at LA for membership in exchange for recognition and possibly
services, and the extra money could definitely be used for more awesome
things.

All for it!

Cheers,

Andrew Swinn