[Linux-aus] Interview with Mark Lloyd from ACS on compulsory accreditation

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sat Sep 30 13:25:03 UTC 2006

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006, Bret Busby wrote:

> Thus am I dubious of the qualification of the ACS to act as a professional
> body in assessing the standing of professional qualifications, when it does
> not know the standing of professional qualifications in Australia, awarded by
> Australian universities.

And thus also, do I have concerns about such an inept and
unprofessional organisation being involved in a proposal to impose
mandatory registration on people who are willing to provide computing,
and computing-related, services, to non-profit organisations, most
likely free of charge, or at reduced rates.

It seems to me, that it would be equally appropriate, to have the BLF
involved. The results would likely be as good.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."