[Linux-aus] Linux Australia member services

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Fri Sep 29 13:09:01 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 12:57 +1000, Brenda Aynsley wrote:
> Donna Benjamin wrote:
>
> > LA.  However the down side is the low regard may ppl have for
> > certification, and that it creates a barrier to entry. Jumping hoops
> is
> > something you have to do to join ACS - I don't think we want that
> here.
> >

> may I correct this statement please.
>
> You do not *have* to jump hoops to join ACS.

Apologies, the statement was clearly ill-informed, just based on
anecdotal evidence.

A friend was encouraged to join ACS, but then discovered they had to
fill in long forms because they didn't have a recognised qualification.
Said friend didn't think it was worth the precious time it would take to
comply.

--
donna benjamin - executive director
http://www.creativecontingencies.com/