[Linux-aus] Interview with Mark Lloyd from ACS on compulsory accreditation

Janet Hawtin lucychili at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 29 11:24:02 UTC 2006

Brenda Aynsley wrote:

> I dont know who janet was with from acs at the meeting yesteday in
> adelaide, I certainly wasnt there and I am the chairman in SA.

Oh for crying out loud perhaps ask your members?
I guess then that an accredited ACS membership is no guarantee of
sound advice or information even on ACS projects?
Perhaps you need *more* control?
But then the point is what is wrong with your accredited members
at a public meeting, which was specifically called to gain input and
perspectives from the NGO sector about their ideas on these issues?
Certainly I gave mine as an individual and participant in the sector.
Perhaps the meeting was supposed to be a broadcast only event.
FWIW the presenter was the person who suggested that the brokering of NGO IT was
only the beginning and that the model was expected to expand to other sectors.

Janet