[Linux-aus] Linux Australia member services digital.linux.org.au version=3.0.3-la1

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Thu Sep 28 13:52:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 15:10 +1000, Andrew Cowie wrote:
> James, you're missing a bet. Paying for a valued service is one thing.
> Value for membership is another - which is one of the reasons most
> people can't fathom why they should pay ACS $300 a year.
>
> AfC
> Sydney

Hi Andrew,

I wasn't thinking of raising fees for all LA memberships, cos that would
Stupid(tm). I was thinking more along the lines a "professional"
membership type. What services would be included in such a membership
product? Should we be even looking at such a thing?

What I am trying to do is get a better idea of what people expect or
would like to get out of LA.

Just to clarify, any professional membership would be entirely
voluntary, and would not carry any more benefits in terms of voting etc
than the standard $0 membership. It would however allow the
"professional" member access to certain services/products, things that
would cost mullah to produce/deliver and hence need a steady income
stream to support.
--
James Purser
Producer/Presenter - Open Source On The Air