[Linux-aus] Meaning of object code/binary format/executable format in GPL/BSD style licenses

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 15:05:04 UTC 2006

I think it is a different representation of the original code and
probably not covered by the GPL.

Say, your code is licensed under the GPL and written in C. Then
somebody ports that to python. What license would you expect to have
to represent it under? Is there something in the GPL that covers this
situation? I don't know, but my gut feeling no. But IANL either. :)

S.