[Linux-aus] Lessig at LinuxWorld

Janet Hawtin lucychili at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 19:46:02 UTC 2006

Hi folks

Lawrence Lessig, author of Free Culture made this keynote at LinuxWorld.
Some folks might find parts of it funny/unfunny/controversial* but
the core message is similar to the core message Jeff and folks are
saying that the combination of foss, free culture, wireless community networks
and also open hardware is a set of values and communities that needs to
make itself heard clearly in order to sustain our freedoms.
(imho I'm still not up for the org name change but the thread
and the goal of building a broader activity base have much to offer.)

The wireless networking example towards the end sounds really amazing.
Shame we didnt have this on Friday.
http://www.linuxworld.com/events/keynotes/lwsf06-lessig.html

Janet

*contains some political and religious examples of mash up media.