[Linux-aus] linux.org.au / linux.conf.au

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Sep 17 13:47:03 UTC 2006

<quote who="Chris McCormick">

> The current conference has a focus on the Linux kernel and software that
> runs under GNU/Linux

That's not entirely true, if you look back and analyse the content of the
conference (the Seven team has).

> but other cool stuff is accepted too at the discretion of the abstract
> reviewers.

> What is the point in trying to codify exactly what that other cool stuff
> is? Why not keep it flexible as times and communities change?

Could "flexible" imply "inclusive"? If so, it's clear that the conference is
not advertised for what it is, because while we're already flexible, we're
definitely not seen to be inclusive.

- Jeff

--
Ohio LinuxFest 2006: Columbus OH, USA              http://www.ohiolinux.org/

   "Well, you know us usability folks... We like to believe that the two
    aren't mutually exclusive." - Calum Benson on power and cleanliness