[Linux-aus] linux.org.au / linux.conf.au

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Sep 17 10:18:02 UTC 2006

<quote who="Aguido Horatio Davis">

> But if you don't mean to change the number and type of such people in the
> core organisation (read: change the organisation and/or conference) then
> why are we tweaking the names to attract 'em, again?

It will change the type of people in the organisation, but it won't change
our philosophy or goals (because our philosophy and goals are already well
beyond "Linux"). I would hope we want to attract those we currently exclude,
but I would hope we do not want to change the nature of the organisation
(which is *already* more about FLOSS than Linux).

- Jeff

   "In the pre-Internet age, I was like an Internet kid, with a 3D search
             engine, trying to find weird stuff." - John Safran