[Linux-aus] OSWA closing

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Sat Sep 16 14:56:02 UTC 2006

Hey folks:

I thought this might be of some interest to you.  From one of the staff
at Open Source WA:

OSWA will be closing on the 31st October due to a lack of budget ( seems
  the department failed to budget properly )

  	We were due to run until at least the end of the fiscal year ( June
2007 ).   I was going to send an email to all the people we have been
involved with letting them know what was happening, however was hopeful
that I might still be able to persuade them to keep it open.  Seems like
that is not going to happen :{

  	We will do an official announcement next week, but yes, we are
closing early :{

skribe