[Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

Silvia Pfeiffer silvia at convidea.com
Sat Sep 16 12:49:02 UTC 2006

Jeff,

I don't have a problem with presenting Annodex work at LCA. That
Annodex addresses a lot more operating systems than Linux has never
put me off.

Actually, I personally don't have a problem with changing the name - I
personally would be addressed better in what I do. But don't you think
it would put off the cool kernel hackers that we currently get at LCA?
They make up a lot of what LCA is about, though everybody knows that
they are just a minority in the conference. Which people can you
actually name that have been put off from submitting to LCA who you
really wanted to be there? Would VanJacobsen submit another talk to
LCA if it was a generic FLOSS conference?

I'd rather have a brilliant conference under a wrong name than a right
name but an unfocused conference.

Cheers,
Silvia.