[Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Sep 15 13:25:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Christopher Yeoh wrote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:27:07 +1000
> From: Christopher Yeoh <cyeoh at samba.org>
> To: Jeff Waugh <jdub at perkypants.org>
> Cc: linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] Goodbye AUUG, hello phoenix

<snip>

> Lets not get into the trap of attempting to be everything to
> everyone. I believe the Australian community has the capacity to
> support multiple organisations which concentrate on these different
> areas. It may be appropriate to have an umbrella type grouping to
> promote communication and cooperation for common causes between them.

Hence my suggestion that an organisation exist, to cater for UNIX people
in Australia, and, an organisation exist, to cater for Open Source
Software people in Australia, and, that an organisation exist, that
caters for Linux people in Australia, and that that organisation be
affiliated to the former two organisations.

Perhaps, the third organisation mentioned above, could even be something
like FALUG - the Federation of Australian Linux User Groups.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."