[Linux-aus] Re: Request for Grant from Linux Australia for Ubertweak

Andrew Donnellan ajdlinux at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 05:12:03 UTC 2006

On 9/12/06, Tim Ansell <mithro at mithis.com> wrote:
> > pens, etc). Additionally, we place the sponsor's logo on our flyers and
> > advertising material (if desired), and on the website.
>
> This all sound brilliant. The stuff on website all looks very
> interesting. I definitely wish that when I was at your target age
> something like this was available to me. A huge amount of contributions
> to FOSS is by young adults.

Agreed - now that I've heard about this camp I want to get involved in it!

<snip>
> I don't think it would be appropriate for Linux Australia to provide
> funds for an event which specifically has the purpose of promoting a
> specific religion (or even no religion, such as an atheist event).

IMHO (I am Christian BTW) LA should support the technical/Linux side
of it, but to support the camp as a whole falls out of LA's scope and
is probably against the wishes of a large number of people here.

Also this doesn't necessarily even apply just for religion - IMHO LA
should only sponsor the *Linux* part of any camp.

--
Andrew Donnellan
http://andrewdonnellan.com
Jabber - ajdlinux at jabber.org.au