[Linux-aus] CISA, NNIC Report on Survey of IT in NFP sector.

Janet Hawtin lucychili at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 11:37:03 UTC 2006

On 10/17/06, Matthew Hannigan <mlh at zip.com.au> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 09:37:11AM +0930, Janet Hawtin wrote:
> > http://www.communit.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7220&Itemid=112
>
> Janet,
> I hope I speak for more than myself when I ask you to
> please add some notes/comments to your mail; it was
> pretty much all acronyms and the link.  I had no
> idea whether I wanted to read it or not.
>
> Matt

Sorry it was my way of trying to be objective.

I guess I felt that the preceding thread on this was a chunky enough
introduction
and was trying to let the report stand on its own without my commentary.
It probably is a bit cryptic.

So having said that, here is the Janet intro:

This is the report based on the survey and public meetings wherein the
AU not for profit sector has been asked if it needs an organisation to
mediate trusted IT suppliers, what kind of structure the org should
take, what accreditation group they could use, who it should report
to, how it should be funded, how it should represent the nfp sector to
government on IT issues.

Janet