[Linux-aus] Linux Australia and LUG communication: an idea

Karin Purser lugroundup at k-sit.com
Tue Oct 10 19:23:02 UTC 2006

Steven Hanley wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 07:41:03PM +1000, Jonathan Oxer wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 18:42 +1100, Ben wrote:
>>

>>> An annual face-to-face meeting of LUG-executive members chaired by a
>>> member of the LA committee,
>>>
>> That's a very cool idea. Doing it out-of-band (ie: having reps from all
>> 30+ LUGs travel to a single venue and stay for no other purpose) would
>> be extremely expensive, but doing it attached to LCA as you suggest
>> could work very well. Basically something more formal than a BOF and
>> less of a production than a miniconf would be ideal.
>>
>> Great suggestion!

I agree. This is a fabulous idea.

Over the past 18 months I have dealt with nearly all the LUGs
in some way, shape or form for the lugroundup and Open Source
on the Air".

Like Ben pointed out there is a huge benefit to sharing ideas,
expertise etc. I have been privy to some brilliant ideas for many
different events, such as installfests, Software Freedom Day,
Meeting ideas and just plain ways to get the word out there.

Ben, this is a brilliant kernel of an idea.

Cherio,
Karin

--
?“ Tried it, loved it, So now it's my life. MotherLUG on Linux”

Karin Purser (aka MotherLUG)
lugroundup at k-sit.com