[Linux-aus] President's Report: August / September 2006

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Sun Oct 8 09:27:01 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 11:29:54PM -0700, Michael Still wrote:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
> >>I hope we're not considering implementing attendance-maximisation through
> >>obscurity?
> >... and why not? It makes total sense. [...]
> This has been done for previous conferences.

Quite deliberately, in fact; personally I think it'll be interesting to
see how Sydney does with numbers given people know the next conference
will be in Melbourne, and Sydney have a lot of places available and a lot
of neat ideas on the table. I think lca probably attracts enough people
(and probably sponsors) that having people skip a year might actually be
a feature, in that it lets more people enjoy the lca experience instead
of missing out due to lca being booked out... But we'll see.

Cheers,
aj