[Linux-aus] President's Report: August / September 2006

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sat Oct 7 14:28:03 UTC 2006

<quote who="Janet Hawtin">

> There are quite a range of events available in a range of locations.
> Some a lot closer than mel8ourne in time.
> By that logic we shouldnt advertise lca07 before osdc
> and auug are done and dusted =) ?

Logical extremes are a waste of time and nerve electricity.

> I dont think worrying about alt events is useful.

If that's true, this mail has no content. :-)

> We can use the events to promote each other.

Yes we can. We can promote upcoming events at current events. Promoting the
same event ahead of time does not make sense. Let's do Event Promotion 101.

- Jeff

   "There, I did it... I defiled a timeless piece of ART!" - Jim Carrey,
                          covering I Am The Walrus