[Linux-aus] Grant request: GPL3 summit

Andrae Muys andrae at netymon.com
Thu Oct 5 21:41:02 UTC 2006

On 05/10/2006, at 9:04 PM, Peter Miller wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 15:18 +1000, Pia Waugh wrote:
>> So my grant proposal is:
>>
>> Date: 5th October (event to run 30th November)
>>
>> Project Name: GPL3 sponsorship
>>
>> Aim of Project: To ensure free attendence to GPL3 seminar, which
>> is aimed at
>> open and structured discussion about GPL3, the pros and cons, what
>> changes
>> might be useful and the practial outcomes of it.
>
> vote: +1
>
> I plan to attend.  I urge anyone who uses the GPL as their license for
> any of their projects, in any version, to attend.

I'm just curious (and a little disappointed) to know why it's
scheduled for the 30th of November in Sydney when the OSDC is running
the following week in Melbourne?  Surely it would have made sense to
have run it as a BoF session within one of the major Australian FOSS
conferences of the year?

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys