[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Website

Andrew Donnellan ajdlinux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 14:32:03 UTC 2006

On 11/16/06, Neill Cox <neill at ace-hosting.com.au> wrote:
> I'm not sure I can agree with that.  I find Plone's folders for
> holding things and other content types for actual content pretty
> straightforward, and much easier than Drupal's content vs menus

I find Plone more difficult because it really seems to inherit a lot
of overhead from Zope. It's rather hard to get the initial content in.

Also Plone takes the concept of 'merging admin with main site' a bit
too far for me, at least Drupal gives you a special admin menu which
makes it easier.

> (although to be fair I've only been using Drupal for a couple of weeks).

To be fair I only used Plone for a few hours, and never on a production site ;)
I suppose it gets easier once you actually figure out how to use it :)

> Which version of Plone were you using?  The more recent versions have
> made much progress in terms of ease of use.

Latest version as of maybe a month ago.

> Nice to have python available for any extra work as well.  I'm *not*
> a fan of PHP.

Python rules! No more PHP!

--
Andrew Donnellan
-- Email - ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)
Jabber - ajdlinux at jabber.org.au
GPG - hkp://subkeys.pgp.net 0x5D4C0C58
Member of Linux Australia - http://linux.org.au
Debian user - http://debian.org