[Linux-aus] MS&Novell

Paul Wayper paul.wayper at anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 6 10:04:01 UTC 2006

R.B Skeoch wrote:
> Always read the fine print,
> "not assert its patents against individual, non-commercial developers."
> If your earning a income selling against Novell / Microsoft
> are you not a Commercial developer!
And the non-commercial developers might be fine, for now, but what about
companies that use it?  What's stopping Microsoft from telling them that
they're not covered by this 'free' agreement and they have to cough up,
in the manner of SCO?  Oh, wait...  I guess that's who SCO learnt the
tactic off.  Silly me.

In my book, this presages nothing but bad.  SuSE people beware.

Paul

P.S. Dooooooomed!  DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMEEEEDDDDDD, I tell you!