[Linux-aus] MS&Novell

Brent Wallis brent.wallis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 14:32:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 11/3/06, Janet Hawtin <lucychili at gmail.com> wrote:
> 'This is a watershed moment for Linux. It fundamentally changes the
> rules of the game. We're really excited about this deal, and we hope
> you are too.'
> http://www.novell.com/linux/microsoft/openletter.html

I get the feeling that someone in this recent gambit has run headlong
into a patch of bindi's without thier shoes on...easy to get in....but
bloody painful to get out....!

Watershed?.......BIG maybe..."Watchpoint" might be a better adjective
for the moment....
Could be prudent to wait for the inevitable fine print and see if it
stands up to the FOSS communities scrutiny....somehow, I don;t think
it will....

This will be an interesting newsweek..:-)

BW