[Linux-aus] Grant application

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed May 31 13:31:02 UTC 2006

flame wrote:
> Hi Pia,
>
> On Wed, 31 May 2006 13:27:20 +1000
> Pia Waugh <greebo at pipka.org> wrote:
>
>>Have you considered hosting it on the Linux Australia mirror or main server?
>>The mirror in particular has excellent bandwidth and it would obviously save
>>paying for hosting.
>
> Ok, how do I go about organising this? I'm ready to start uploading the site as soon as possible.

You start by sending a proposal to the mirroring list, describing your
project (feel free to recycle text), your expected disk usage, your
expected bandwidth usage, and so forth. Do you have any current traffic
stats which might give us hints towards load?

We then consider your request, and we go from there...

Mikal