[Linux-aus] NZ Open Source Society succeeds in changing position of central government

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Fri May 19 11:34:02 UTC 2006

Hey Craig,

<quote who="Craig Box">

> Some of you might have caught the February publication of a "guidelines
> for using Open Source Software" by the New Zealand State Services
> Commission, for use by other Government departments.  The document
> seemed written solely from the perspective of 'how to protect yourself
> from the perils of "infectious" licensing'.

Yep.

> http://www.e.govt.nz/policy/open-source/open-source-legal2/.

Fantastic! Well done!

> The NZOSS have recently held an Annual General Meeting, and as a newly
> elected member I hope that we will be able to substantially raise our
> profile, both nationally and internationally, over the coming year.

Awesome job to NZOSS. I'm glad you guys are doind some great stuff, and I
like to think the linux.conf.au being held in NZ assisted in pulling the
community there closer together. Absolutely keep us up to date on stuff
happening. Who knows, we may be able to join forces on issues occasionally
:)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it
               would be a merrier world." - J. R. R. Tolkien