[Linux-aus] Re: Grant Request From Sokar Phillpot

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Thu May 4 11:22:02 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Just for reference sake, Sokar was the one who did the Linux rollout to
Nhulunbuy that I helped out on. She is great at what she does and I trust
her delivery of the solution :) She works with these communities a _lot_. Not
only for technology, but also other infrastructure these communities need.

<quote who="Matthew Palmer">

> This begs the question, I guess -- why did Sokar request $2000?

I've sent an email to Sokar to get her to participate in the discussion.
Hopefully she'll answer all the questions really soon. She is kind of a
fringe community member and still getting used to how we do things :)

She may have had to take into account transport of the computers. I know
that is usually a key expense with this kind of work.

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

   "Is kneeling a criteria for talking to you?" - Philip Lindsay to Jeff