Re: [Linux-aus] Computerbank Victoria End Year Report for 2005

On Friday 24 March 2006 13:33, Kylie Davies <mailkylie@optushome.com.au>
wrote:
> Afternoon all,
>
> If you are interested in reading about what we got up to during 2005,
> pop along to http://vic.computerbank.org.au/Members/kylie/endyrreport05
> for all the details.
>
> Quick Summary:
> 2005 has been one our our biggest years ever! Some of the things that
> made it big included sending more than 400 computers out to community
> groups and individuals (both in Victoria and overseas), preventing
> tonnes of computers and electronics from ending up in landfill,
> providing more than 400 hours of Linux end user training, and increasing
> our revenue by over 100%.
>
> Also be great to hear about what other recycling groups have been up
> to.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kylie

That's some nice work! Congratulations!

<nitpick>

I'm curious, is Computerbank an Australian organisation? Given the .org.au
URL, I found the spelling to be quite jarring.

</nitpick>

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan  [Yama | http://www.pclinuxonline.com/]
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://dhanapalan.webhop.net/yama.asc

"The use of quantity of money as a target has not been a success. I'm not sure
that I would as of today push it as hard as I once did."
	- Milton Friedman, Financial Times (UK), June 7, 2003