Re: [Linux-aus] grant proposal

I think international travel is expensive, and in general we'd want to see a leading role in the international event/effort and a direct consequence effect back here. So if Paul was leading a miniconf, or presenting or facilitating an effort of significant benefit to the Australian Linux community, I could see some value. Similarly if Paul was going to come back and re-teach a tutorial he attended, or provide several sessions that otherwise benefits the Linux Australia community.

I realise Paul is just investigating his options, and I think these are good questions to ask, but at this stage, I couldn't see a lot of value in this particular question :-)

re,