Re: [Linux-aus] Re: [ALLIES] Re: A Linux for Students project idea

With the release of Skolelinux 2.0 (http://skolelinux.org), I think we
can look at this issue again.

I talked with my school's new IT manager about whether he would switch
the school over, he said he really wants to, but the administration
and so on is still too difficult. Our school has 400+ students,
somewhere between 50-70 networked computers (more when our 3rd
computer room is built) and all the PCs run Windows XP Pro. (70 x 500
= around $35000 for the OS alone)

Here's what I would like to see LA do to help - buy a domain ($10),
set up a virtual host on one of the servers ($nil) and install a wiki
($nil) and a mailing list.

Any comments or feedback?

Andrew