[Linux-aus] Root Password Readable in Clear Text with Ubuntu

Hi all,

I thought this was worth a mention for people that use Ubuntu Breezy

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/03/13/0525254&from=rss

<quote>
Posted by Zonk  on Monday March 13, @12:34AM
from the that's-a-big-oops dept.
Security Linux
BBitmaster writes "An extremely critical bug and security threat was
discovered in Ubuntu Breezy Badger 5.10 earlier today by a visitor on
the Ubuntu Forums that allows anyone to read the root password simply
by opening an installer log file. Apparently the installer fails to
clean its log files and leaves them readable to all users. The bug has
been fixed, and only affects The 5.10 Breezy Badger release. Ubuntu
users, be sure to get the patch right away."
</quote>

--
Dale
[WWW]http://southernvaleslug.org/