[Linux-aus] IRC Network for Linux Australia

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Mon Jun 26 19:21:02 UTC 2006

For those of you who may not know, we have been operating an IRC channel
on the Freenode network for Linux Australia. Given the recent issues
freenode has been experiencing (cracks and such) as well as the fact
that Linux Australia actually runs a node on the OFTC IRC network (a
fact only rediscovered a few months back) it has been suggested that we
move the channel to OFTC.

I would like to hear comments before we make a decision, do you feel
that we should stick with Freenode? Or should we follow projects such as
Debian and move to OFTC?
--
Yours

James Purser