[Linux-aus] Tonights talk and oggcast.

David Symons david.symons at liberatedcomputing.net
Sat Jun 17 06:11:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 21:45 +1000, Terry Dawson wrote:
> If you participated in tonights talk and oggcast I'd like your feedback
> on how the format went. Did the oggcast/IRC format work for you? Did any
> of you experience any technical or other issues?

My player (Totem) dropped out at the music interlude but I got it back
OK by reconnecting to the stream.  I now suspect that Totem wanted me to
hit the "next track" button because of the change in title when the
music track was put through.

The format (actually it was oggcast/slides/IRC) worked really well.  I
found watching the IRC discussion and concentrating on Rusty's talk a
little tricky at times.  Pia's role of filtering the questions out of
the IRC channel to feed to the presenters was very important (and well
done imo!) including acknowledging that questions had been put through.

This would be an excellent way for people to participate in
linux.conf.au - once tickets have sold out of course ;-).

Cheers, Dave.
--
David Symons
Canberra, Australia