[Linux-aus] Re: web based IRC for Q&A session

Robert Stoffers rstoffers at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 05:14:02 UTC 2006

On Thursday 15 June 2006 03:51, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 03:55:49PM +1000, Stewart Smith wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 14:46 +1000, Pia Waugh wrote:
> > > Rusty Russell is going to have a live Q&A session about
> > > anti-circumvention issues in Australia, and how it impacts the
> > > Australian FOSS community. James Purser will be running the show,
> > > interviewing Rusty and taking questions from you, the live audience
> > > real-time via IRC. This will be live on Friday night 8:30pm Sydney time
> > > and the web streaming location will be posted in the #linux-aus IRC
> > > channel on irc.freenode.net from earlier that day. Please post your
> > > questions there too during the session for James to ask Rusty and have
> > > your questions answered. The stream will also be posted on the LA site
> > > after the event for others to catch it, however make sure you come to
> > > the live session to get your questions in and find out how
> > > anti-circumvention issues in Australia affect YOU.
> >
> > To get a wider possible audience and have the lowest barrier to
> > participation possible, I propose we install:
> >
> > http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > on digital (the LA box) and have it set up ready to immediately point
> > people to the right channel.
> >
> > The config (http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net/docs/config.php) looks really
> > easy to set up to point people to the right place.
> >
> > It allows restriction so that people can only join the server and
> > channel we configure.
> >
> > This is so that a working knowledge of IRC is not required to
> > participate and ask questions.
> >
> > Admin team - it's probably best if you set this up with the proper
> > packages and such - this way we'll get updates.
>
> Done. http://www.linux.org.au/cgiirc connects with #linux-aus on Freenode.
>
> Let me know if you want a dedicated channel instead.

I'll be sitting in on this mainly due to intrest, but if you guys need
anything from a Freenode point of view let me know. I'm happy to set up some
custom ilines should you need to have more then the usual limit of people
connect from the same IP address or anything else you need.

Just email me or poke me in #linux-aus.

Cheers,

Robert Stoffers
--