[Linux-aus] Sydney Education Expo - Acquiring Edubuntu CDs

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Sun Jun 4 19:43:02 UTC 2006

Hi Craige, all,

<quote who="Craige McWhirter">

> I've provided Pia with quotes for a two week turn around. The estimated
> cost was:
>
> 2 week turn around:
> ===================
> 2 CD images (OpenCD and Edubuntu)
> 2-3 three colour
> 1,000 CD's of each image
> 2,000 sleeves
> Approx pricing: $2,765.40
>
> Pia and I have debating the worth of this investment. Thoughts?

I felt that seeing LA had already paid for the booth ($2200) that we should
if possible get everything else sponsored, and was trying to figure out a
way around spending another 2 or 3 grand.

I've had someone offer to do 500 CDs for us plus what we can burn in the 2
days (on a 4 burner robot thing). It'd be great to get more, is anyone out
there interested in partly or fully sponsoring some more CDs? You can have
some pamphlets and such on the LA booth.

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it
               would be a merrier world." - J. R. R. Tolkien